Sunday, November 6, 2011

Eid Celebrations

Today we celebrated Eid Festival. And A few of Our Friends gathered at my place for a potluck- each person brought a dish -food enough  for the rest of the people.Since I was hosting the event at home I  prepared four different dishes.I made a spicy beef curry,green peas in coconut cream,a salad and a mixed pickle.I readily volunteered to  make these because my children love them.I like potlucks as we  get the opportunity to  taste different food prepared by different people.We also get the opportunity to exchange each others' recipes.So today we had a scrumptious Eid Lunch that included savoury rice, fried eggplant and a variety of other dishes.We finished off with two delicious desserts prepared by two  friends.Happy Eid to all those celebrating the festival today in the Middle East  and tomorrow in some parts of the world. 


2 comments:

  1. Eid Mubarak!

    Not bad for a Jewish gal. ;)

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment..Yeah !Not Bad..:)

    ReplyDelete