Monday, September 26, 2011

Fun With Bacronym

I had no idea what backronym was when I first  heard about it.But with  some  reference and a quick research in the internet,I came to comprehend the meaning. A backronym or bacronym is a phrase created purposely. Backronyms may be put together with serious or humorous intent, It is constructed by taking a word  that is already in  use and creating a new phrase using the letters in that particular word.It is fun dealing  with familiar words and phrasing them anew. Here are some examples of backronym which had been already  put together (not by me) 


NEWS   -North,East,West,South
COLD    -Chronic obstructive lung disease
AIM      -Ambition in mind 
DATE    -Day and time evolution
PEN      -Power enriched in nib


Now this is by me.....


End -Everything now dies...
Bye -Be yours eternally :)


Have fun and enjoy making phrases with your familiar words..

No comments:

Post a Comment