Monday, June 13, 2011

Mother Does Her Way

An elderly woman in one part of the world calls her son in New York , whom she has not seen in years and says, I hate to ruin your day son, but I have to tell you that your dad and I are getting a divorce; 50 years of marriage... and that much misery is enough!'

'Mom, what are you talking about?' the son screams.
'We can't stand the sight of each other any longer,' the old lady continues. 'We're sick and tired of each other, you call your sister in London and tell her!' Frenzied, the son calls his sister, who fly into a rage on the phone.

'Like hell ! they're getting divorced,' she shouts, leave this to me ! 'I'll take care of this.' She calls home immediately, and screams at the old lady: 'You are not getting divorced. Don't do a single thing until I get there. I'm calling my brother back, and we'll both be there tomorrow. Until then , don't do a thing, DO YOU HEAR??' and she hangs up.

The old lady hangs up her phone and turns to her husband. 'Okay dear ', she says, 'It's all done. They're both coming home for our Golden jubilee!!'

For the love of her children a mother can go to extremes and for the sake of having the children with her, whether in times of sadness or during joyous occasions, a mother would do anything to get her way ,even if it is something so intense like the one you just read. Mother’s love never perishes. Reading the above humorous anecdote which is in fact another of my favourite e-mail forwards, reminded me how grateful I am to my Mother for bringing my siblings and me into this world and for having guided us righteously through this journey full of hope, risks and uncertainties..
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did...

1 comment: